Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Kanga & Roo Inspired Look

"If you go on making faces like Piglet's, you will grow up to _look_
     like Piglet---and _then_ think how sorry you will be."
                     -- Kanga tells it like it is



I really think there is a part of all of us that has a soft spot for Kanga and Roo.Kanga is the epitome of a mom who tells it like it is but her love for Roo shines through in the Hundred Acre Wood.Not too mention with all that craziness there has to be a voice of reason somewhere haha.So on my journey of doing make-up looks inspired by Pooh characters I have already plucked at the feathers of owl and now I have found a picture of Kanga and Roo that pulled on my heart strings.


This photo to me exudes warmth and love.There is such a softness in Kanga and the way she looks at her little boy.Makes me almost tear up.So I decided to pull that warm out.The pinks of both characters,the warm orangy browns and the slate blue of the blanket.

Prepping my face as usual with a wash, I decided to use my Smash Box Photo Finish INSTEAD of my Magic Perfecting base....Blarg was not happy.One: Smash Box doesn't chill out my pores as well as my Perfecting base but TWO it's also more oily for me and leaves me slicker then I would like.AT ANY RATE Wash Smash Box then concealer over my red areas or bumps.Water based foundation and some setting powder.Pretty much the face I start with every time.So on my eyes I worked my Pixi Lustrous Primer onto my lids and patted in with my finger just gently.Gives a really nice golden glow.Next up my Wet N Wild Kohl Eyeliner in white all over my lid as a sticky base for my shadow to cling to.

To pull in the wonderful pink of the characters I used a lovely pink from my Profusion palette and blended it over my entire lid straight up to my brow bone.I did this with my Smudge Brush and just blended blended blended until it was soft and airbrushed feeling against the white kohl liner.After I took my MUG Chisel Shader brush and from tear ducts up to about the middle of my lid I laid a brownish orange color from my palette...I really laid this color on to bring in the warm brown of the characters.With my smudge brush I blended that out in the pink.Next color I used was a slate blue color to bring in that comfy blanket! From the corner I swept it into my crease darkening it but not too much.Fanning my brush sideways I swept it into my browbone as well.To finish up with shadow I highlighted just under my brow with a shimmery white.

For eyeliner I swept my jordana Glitter Rocks Eyeliner Pencil in Rockabilly Brown from my tear duct to mid-lower lash line.On my outer lashline I just lightly penciled in my jordana eyeliner in Brown.I also tight lined my eyes with the Rockabilly Brown and filled in my brows with the brown (I disliked my job on my brows this time oi I need waxed) Cheeks are the Body Shop Cheek Color in 05 and my lips I just kept a soft pinky color with Wet N Wild 502A.I am happy with how soft this came out and honestly consider it work appropriate.It is a tad sparkly but sparkle never hurt anyone!!! I hope you enjoyed this look as much as I enjoyed making it.Please vote on my Facebook for the next character.Pooh,Christopher Robin,Piglet,Eeyore,or Tigger.Definitely looking forward to it.Check out the video as well :) It's the first one I actually talked in Dorkface Here Heres some piccys:





Thank you so much for all the likes I've been getting on facebook.Much love!!!


~Digi

No comments:

Post a Comment