Search This Blog

Monday, July 25, 2011

FOTD!!!! Summery Look

I recently went to the beach...in jeans...Yeah epic fail v.v I mean ya know sometimes there is a lovely breeze and it's all beautiful tropical comfortable but this time it was just hot.The heat was rolling off the sand,the sun was glinting off the buildings and slapping me repeatedly in the face.I mean I am wondering if that day was like let's see if we can melt Digi day wouldn't that be fun?! Squee!!! >.< At any rate I ended up frolicking into one of those little shops on the boardwalk for some A/C and decided I just could not go on.I spent an astronomical amount on a beach dress supposedly made in India.Now while my general opinion on these types of dress is 'Blech! I look pregnant with triplets!' this one actually grew on me.It makes me feel breezy and summery and al that jazz and I put it on today and decided HEY! I think I'll do some summery make-up to rock this shit.So here ya go my Face Of The Day.



So here's my face with nothing on it.All I did was wash up with my St. Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub. I love my scrub. I only use it three-four times a week like the bottle suggest but when I do I love how smooth it makes myself.I like starting with a nice washed face cause my pores tend to be smaller immediately after washing.

So! I started out prepping my face by first applying my Soap and Glory Super Eyes Instant-Action Moisturizing Eye Gel. I love Soap and Glory products but alas they are only available in the UK and you might get lucky to find some online.Also I don't think they make the Super Eyes anymore but I LOVE how it tightens up the whole area of my lids and under-eyes.Next up was my Loreal Paris Ideal Skin Genesis Pore Minimizer Serum .Now I bought this off of All Cosmetics Wholesale (Love this site).I mean it was a good price and I'll try anything once for my mammoth pores.I can't say I see a major difference but in my mind it says 'Pore Minimizer' on it so imma paint that stuff all OVER my face every chance I get haha.So at any rate I let that set on my face for a few minutes just so it had time to absorb and moved into applying my moisturizer.I personally use Clean & Clear Finishes Mattifying Moisturizer. It is pretty light oil free and leaves me with not alot of shine throughout the day.Again, I let it sit just so it can sink into my skin before applying anything else.I don't like to cake things.

Woot! So after all of that haha...I go in with my concealer brush and apply my magic in a jar Loreal Paris Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base.If you have huge pores or just pores that bug you this stuff is for you.Its like and fluffy and really just gives you a buffed look to start with.Once I have that on I went in with my concealer. I use a few but for this I used my Revlon Age Defying Concealer just to cover up any redness I had or spots.Blend blend blend! For foundation lately I've been loving Markwins Beauty Products  853 Cover Oil Free Liquid.It provides good coverage and feels cooling when I put it on my face.It's also really light weight and has lasting power for me.Once I'm nice and covered I finish up with some powder I use Maybelline new York Loose Powder Shine Free in Light.This is what I end up with after foundation and what not.

I really like how dewy my skin looks and with everything on my face it still feels like there is nothing there.One my eyes I went in and lined my water line and filled in my lid with Wet N Wild Kohl Eyeliner in White.Using one of my generic shadows compacts I picked up at Walgreens I went in with my smudge brush and brushed a lime green color all over my lid and blended it up into the crease.For the corners I smudged a carribean type blue and kept laying it in to darken it before pulling it in my crease and blending blending blending.The corners of my eyes I took a lighter turquoise color and pulled it towards the blue at my outer corners just making sure they all blended in with one another.I tight lined my eyes with Maybelline New York Unstoppable eyeliner in Onyx and finished off my eyes with some eye lash curling and Lash Stilleto mascara.i wanted to keep it light so my lips I used just a light pink gloss I had.Hope you like! I was really happy with how this turned out and I liek that it's not as dark and dramatic as I usually do my make-up.I felt like all I needed was a pool side an umbrella and one of those fruity drinks.Booyaka!




Took all these pictures in natural light.

No comments:

Post a Comment